Xiaomi has been a major performer in the smartphone market for several years now. The company has often been criticized for its custom skin, MIUI. The new MIUI comes with many useful and smart features.
However, there are also some disturbing features. The most annoying example is that almost all apps have a lot of bloatware and multitudinous ads. Many Xiaomi users complain about it as the presence of MIUI system ads that are almost everywhere.
Fortunately, the company itself offers functionally that will help us in removing ads. If you are a Xiaomi smartphone user and are tired of random MIUI system ads popping up on your phone’s screen every time, then you are at the right place.
In this article, we’ll explain how to get rid of ads on your Xiaomi smartphones. If you too want to remove these ads, then do follow the steps given below.
How To Disable MIUI System Ads
- Open Settings of your Xiaomi smartphone
- Go to Additional Settings
- Click on Authorization & Revocation
- Set MSA to Off, and it’s done.
If there is no Authorization & Revocation option in the settings, then do follow these steps:
- Open Settings of your smartphone
- Click to Passwords and Security
- Go to Privacy and then Ad Services
- Wait for 10 seconds before you can tap Revoke
- Once you tap, you will see a note that reads: “Couldn’t revoke authorization”.
- You will see this error at least three to five times before this permission is revoked. Keep trying until you succeed.
- After this, go to Settings > Additional Settings > Privacy > Ad services Personalized ad recommendations > and set it to Off.
- Similarly, turn off “Online Recommendations” and “Push Notifications” for each app that disturbs you, then turn off the “Wallpaper Carousel” in the “Lock Screen” settings.
Note: Make sure your Xiaomi phone running MIUI is connected to the Internet. You can’t revoke this permission offline.