It has been a year since the release of MIUI 12.5 skin and Xiaomi is still providing the beta builds for it. These beta builds were meant to test the new features and changes that the company is going to apply in the future or in the upcoming MIUI 13.
Meanwhile, in a recent development, Xiaomi declared that it will stop releasing MIUI 12.5 builds for its devices. According to the latest MIUI 12.5 closed beta update, these builds will be suspended from December 13.
JOIN XIAOMI ON TELEGRAM
Our folks over at xiaomiui also claim that the recent 21.12.8 build was the last development version of MIUI 12.5 and after a few days, the tech giant will be releasing the MIUI 13 beta updates.
Yes, it does mean that MIUI 13 is about to enter the markets. Well, the MIUI 13 will be released this month, probably, alongside Xiaomi 12 on December 16 0r 28. The officials are yet to confirm the launch date.
MIUI 12.5 Beta 21.12.8: Update Notes
- Due to the adjustment of the software system architecture, the MIUI development version will be suspended for a period of time starting from 12.13, always believe that beautiful things are about to happen
- Due to the major version upgrade of Android, Redmi K30 5G, Redmi K30i 5G, Mi 10 Youth Edition, Redmi Note 9 Pro 5G, Redmi Note11 Pro, Redmi Note11 Pro+ will be temporarily suspended from December 13, 2021.
- Due to the major version upgrade of Android, Redmi Note10 will suspend the release of the internal test from November 29, 2021.
Read More about MIUI 13:
- Xiaomi MIUI 13: These smartphones will get MIUI 13 update [list]
- MIUI 13 Always on Display (AOD) preview shows new notification animations
- Xiaomi to not provide Weather Super wallpaper in MIUI 13
- Android 12 based MIUI 13 Features: Floating widgets, RAM extension, new visual design
- Xiaomi MIUI 13: Latest News, Eligible Devices, Features and Release Date