Xiaomi is rolling out a new MIUI 12.5 beta update in China, which can be identified via the build version 21.7.2. This new update comes with a bunch of bug fixes, some optimizations, and some new functionalities.
As per the changelog, it adds the incognito mode function. How does it work? After turning on the incognito mode, all applications will not be able to use the three permissions of positioning, camera, and recording.
Moreover, it fixes the inaccurate numbers and mailbox recognition, loading animation display exception, the abnormal sequence of picture text recognition results, and the display of retry when there is no text in picture recognition.
Also, it optimizes the ability of text recognition in pictures and provides AI services under the premise of protecting user privacy. For more information, check the changelog below.
- Added the incognito mode function: After turning on the incognito mode, all applications will not be able to use the three permissions of positioning, camera, and recording
- Optimize the ability of text recognition in pictures, and provide AI services under the premise of protecting user privacy
- Fix inaccurate numbers and mailbox recognition
- Fix loading animation display exception
- Fix the abnormal sequence of picture text recognition results
- Fix the display of retry when there is no text in picture recognition
Besides this, started from May 2, 2021, if there is a behavior of irrigation and the hope to increase the internal test score, it will greatly reduce the probability of passing the internal test.
Xiaomi MIUI 12.5 release status:
Following China in March, Xiaomi has started to roll out the stable MIUI 12.5 update for its eligible smartphones worldwide. In the beginning, the company has only sent updates to new smartphones that run Android 11 OS.
Recently, the OEM has begun sending updates to older smartphones that run Android 10 such as Xiaomi Mi 8, Mi 8 Lite, Mi Max 3, and Redmi 7.