Back in January this year, Xiaomi started sending MIUI 12.5 beta updates to its eligible smartphones. Whereas, in March, Xiaomi has begun rolling out the stable update. A bunch of phones including Mi 10 Ultra, Mi 11 Ultra, Mi 11 Pro, Redmi K40, Mi 9 SE, and more have already received the update while many are about to.
Right now, the update is rolling out for Redmi K30S Ultra/Extreme Commemorative Edition smartphones in China. The has recently grabbed Android 11 update and now stable MIUI 12.5. Moreover, the new MIUI comes with a bunch of new optimizations, improvements, and changes over the past version.
It brings a new UI, updated apps, new animations, new sounds, new super wallpapers, and much more. Adding to this, it has interesting features that as MIUI+, which allows combining your phone and computer into a single working station.
In terms of fluency, the official claimed that the system memory usage has dropped by an average of 35%, power consumption by 25%, and super wallpaper function. Consumption is reduced by up to 40%.
You can check the detailed changelog for the update log below.
The stable MIUI 12.5 update for Redmi K30S Ultra carries the Android 11 based MIUI 12.5 built version V220.127.116.11.RJDCNXM, which can be download in approx 1.0GB.
- MIUI 12.5. Yours alone.
- New: Response to gestures is now instant.
- New: With 20 times more rendering power, there are now few limits to what you can see on your screen.
- New: With custom device model adjustments, any phone becomes faster after the upgrade.
- Optimization: MIUI became lighter, faster, and more durable.
- New: A new animation framework renders movement more realistically.
- New: New UI design is focused on visualization and making your interaction with the device more lifelike.
- New: Haptic feedback brings a new dimension to familiar actions.
- New: Nature mix is a new exciting way of creating your own notification sound system.
- New: Hundreds of system sounds that represent animals from all around the world.
- New: Stereo system sounds.
- New: Mount Siguniang super wallpaper.
- New: Now you can see what apps access your clipboard and control access.
- New: Using approximate location adds up points to privacy protection.
- New: You can now manage sensitive permissions and related app behavior independently.
- New: The behavior of web pages is also tracked now, which helps you to block unwanted and malicious actions.
- New: Now it’s up to you who and when can track your online behavior.\
- New: All apps now come with a security statement from GetApps.
- New: Privacy risk scanner.
- New: Control which apps access and delete items from your Gallery.
- New: A comprehensive overview of all sensitive permissions.
- New: You’ll be notified whenever high-risk permissions are used and will be able to block the corresponding actions.
- Optimization: An all-new privacy protection page.
- New: Compose mind maps with complex structures.
- New: New tools for doodling and sketching.
- New: Press and hold a sketch to adjust the strokes automatically.
- New: A gesture shortcut now allows you to create notes, tasks, and excerpts anywhere.
- New: Excerpts save text, URLs, and images to Notes in a few simple taps.
- New: Dynamic layouts make bring the typography in Notes to a new level.
- All-new Notes.
- New: Instant messengers now support floating windows.
- New: Floating windows can be quickly replaced with fullscreen versions of the apps.
- New: App flashcards Show key info when apps are displayed as floating windows.
*Learn more about new features in “Special features”.*
- New: “Ripples” animation for downloading apps.
- New: “Burst” animation for uninstalling apps.
- New: New design for app folders.
- New: A vertical layout for Recents.
- New: Convert images to PDF.
- New: Password manager allows you to store passwords in the cloud.
- New: You can share device location with other people in your family sharing group
- New: Location information can be recorded automatically before the device powers off.
Mi Carrier Services
- New: You can manage multiple SIM cards now.
- New: A more convenient way to move a cursor using the scrollbar.
- New: Function buttons support switching between languages and keyboards.
- New: You can press and hold the function buttons to access more features.
- New: Custom themes for keyboards.
- New: Font weight adjustment options for third-party fonts.
- Optimization: Personalization features for system wallpapers, animations, and sounds.
- New: Wallpaper customization in the lite mode.
- Optimization: Redesigned Incognito mode.
- Optimization: Pages load much faster now.