Xiaomi has recently begun releasing a new MIUI System Launcher update that can be identified via the build version V220.127.116.1148-11301642. The update brings several new functions and bug fixes. With this firmware, the MIUI Alpha Launcher now adapts Android 12 native widgets.
Well, one of the most noticeable changes that Xiaomi leads in the launcher is the new loading animation. Our folks over at famous Xiaomi tipster – xiaomiui claim that this new change is made for the upcoming MIUI 13 skin.
The new animation appears when the launcher does not load your icons. While this animation is being displayed, your icons appear on the main screen and show an animation instead of waiting on the empty screen.
This succeeds the former way where apps started popping up one by one and the launcher stopped for a bit after a restart. In other words, the animation prevents you from using the launcher until it is completely drawn.
Below you can check the preview (via xiaomiui):
Aside from these, the latest MIUI Alpha Launcher update carries a hand full of changes, below you can check the full changelog or head over to the details here.
- Fixed that gestures are invalid when swiping quickly
- Fixed the crash when switching between classic mode and sliding up
- In the drawer, press the shortcut to enter the recent task and disappear.
- When switching themes, the shortcut thumbnails in the folder are not updated;
- Fixed the crash problem of XiaoAi icon classification
- Added loading animation on desktop;
- Adapted to android s native widgets, click on the text bar to pop up a detailed message
- Fixed the bug of split-screen, returning to the desktop from the application, the icon is stuck on the desktop and does not disappear;
- Fixed the inconsistency between the recent task card lock display and the actual lock state
- Recent tasks, full-screen gesture performance optimization;
- Other crash fixes.
We know that Xiaomi is currently testing MIUI 13 features and changes with the MIUI 12.5 beta firmware or application updates. Thus, we can expect that the mentioned changes will be seen in the new-gen MIUI, coming this December.